Why Do Buyers Need a Professional Agent?
Even under normal conditions, the process of buying a home can be intimidating. However, today's market is far from typical. There are still a relatively limited number of homes for sale, which is causing bidding wars and driving up home prices as buyers battle for the available homes.
Navigating all of this can be daunting if you’re trying to do it alone. That’s why having a skilled expert guide you through the homebuying process is essential, especially today. Bankrate shares this perspective:
"Advice and guidance from a professional real estate agent can be invaluable, particularly amid a hot or unpredictable housing market."
Here are just a few of the ways a real estate expert makes a big difference:
- Experience – Real estate professionals know the ins and outs of what’s happening today, how it impacts buyers, and how to navigate any hurdles that may pop up.
- Education – Knowledge is power when it comes to buying a home. Your advisor will simply and effectively explain market conditions and translate what they mean for you so you can feel confident in your decision.
- Negotiations – Your real estate advisor advocates for your best interests. Having an expert on your side provides assistance with the purchase agreement. An agent can also help you negotiate potential seller concessions if the inspection reveals issues with the home.
- Contracts – Real estate advisors guide you through the disclosures and contracts necessary in today’s heavily regulated environment.
- Pricing – Making an offer and negotiating with a seller can be one of the most difficult and stressful parts of the homebuying process. A skilled agent will help you understand what similar homes are selling for so you have the full picture of what you may want to offer.
All of these reasons combined may be why 86% of recent buyers used an agent according to the latest Home Buyers and Sellers Generational Trends Report from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). NAR also has this to say about why an agent is so essential today:
“A great real estate agent will guide you through the home search with an unbiased eye, helping you meet your buying objectives while staying within your budget. Agents are also a great source when you have questions about local amenities, utilities, zoning rules, contractors, and more.”
What’s the Key To Choosing the Right Expert?
It all begins with trust. You'll want to know you can rely on the advice they're offering you, so be sure you're speaking with a qualified professional. No one can give perfect advise since no one can predict what will happen at every step, especially in today's economy. However, a true professional can provide you with the finest advise possible depending on the information and scenario at hand.
They’ll help advocate for you throughout the process and coach you on the essential knowledge you need to make confident decisions. That’s exactly what you want and deserve.
It's critical to have an expert on your side who understands the current property market. If you're thinking about buying a home this year, let's get in touch so you can have a real estate expert on your side to provide you with the finest advice and help you through the path.