Your House Could Be a Top Pick for Homebuyers During the Holidays
Homeowners who are planning on selling their houses are annually tasked with choosing whether to do so during the holidays or wait. Some people who have already listed their homes may think about removing their listings and waiting until the new year to go back on the market.
Many buyers want to purchase a home during the holiday season, and your house could be exactly what they need. Here are five great reasons you shouldn’t wait to sell your house.
1. While the supply of homes for sale has increased this year, there still aren’t enough homes on the market to keep up with buyer demand. As Nadia Evangelou, Senior Economist and Director of Forecasting at the National Association of Realtors (NAR), explains:
“There’s still this gap between demand and supply because we were underbuilding for many years. . . . So now we see demand is slowing, but it still outpaces supply.”
2. Serious homebuyers are out looking right now. Millennials are driving homebuying demand today, and many are eager to make a purchase. Mark Fleming, Chief Economist at First American, explains:
"While not the frenzy of 2021, the largest living generation, the Millennials, will continue to age into their prime home-buying years, creating a demographic tailwind for the housing market.”
3. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. In fact, homes decorated for the holidays appeal to many buyers. Plus, purchasers who look for homes during the holidays are ready to buy.
4. You can restrict the showings at your house to days and times that are most convenient for you. That can help you minimize disruptions, which is especially important this time of year.
5. Rents have skyrocketed in recent years. And many buyers are looking to escape rising rents and avoid falling into the rental trap for another year. As an article from Zillow says:
“Over the next 12 months, rents are expected to grow more than inflation, the stock market and home values."
Your home could be their ticket to leaving renting behind for good.
Even though it's the holidays, there are plenty of reasons why listing your house makes sense. Let's chat to figure out if now is the best time for you to sell.
Post a Comment